January 12, 2008

Why Barack Obama may lose, and why I have kept my mouth shut about him.

Hello,

I realize in accordance with the stated mission of Blac-Seed, we are not a vessel for political rants, although I love them. I unapologetically use Blac-Seed to update you on the happenings of our film and other relevant beautifully random topics.
Part One
Yesterday, I found myself reading The New York Sun newspaper, and my deep-seeded thought of Obama's impeding loss was brought to fruition..in a tiny little corner of this newspaper there was a box listing The DELEGATES, what I have now come to learn are the "Super Delegates". This is the real system of how Democratic and Republican candidates are elected.

You need 2,025 nominations from the Super Delegates to win the house nomination. Their are 4,049 all together. Hillary has 187, Obama 89, and Edwards 50. Also for you very hopeful types there is a safety incorporated into this system to ensure the "People" that's you don't foolishly elect a nominee that the party collective doesn't support. This means that their are anonymous delegates and state representatives that area allowed to vote how they choose regardless 'if a candidate won a state according to the citizen votes'..the delegates have the last vote..literally.

If you want to learn more about the 'super delegates' google and do your research!

Part Two: The Rapture
Today I woke up with a burning question that I have be avoiding for months...Why have I not be swept away in the Obama loving wave? I have actually refused and avoided the conversation not wanting to offend anyone or talk about a man I really didn't know much about. The only thing that I could say with certainty is that, "I wasn't caught up in the rapture."

Finally the only candidate that will move people of color forward is the one that can unite us all in common values and struggles. This leader will end class, race, sexuality, religion, and all other internal wars that are driven to keep us against each other.

No comments: