January 2, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR


New Years is the best time of year in my opinion. Show me a Grinch and I'll show you a smile on that person's face New Year's Eve. After all it's the one day of the year besides your birthday that is symbolic for new beginnings.

Everyday that God breaths life into your body, is a new beginning but for many we only associate this blessing with New Years Day.

I am personally predicting 2008 a year for financial success! Many of us are working on our individual projects and aspirations..all trying to bring the dream to fruition.

I encourage you to make everyday a New Year, everyday a chance to right the wrongs. Live life courageously and without regrets. I read an interesting article today on NYT online THE NEW YEAR COCKTAIL: Regrets with a Dash of Bitters.

The article emphasized how many spend New Years Eve making positive affirmations and then on New Years Day begin to rethink and regret all their past mistakes.

I think this behavior is the most dangerous kind for your mental and spiritual well being. The important thing about past mistakes is they are the past.

I decided a few years ago to consider every mistake I have made to be lesson, and life and God's little instructions on what to do differently or better.

Again I encourage you to adopt this template and apply it to everything in your life.

Happy New Year..everyday!

Sontaia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i totally agree with you. i have made some mistakes but no point in reliving them in my mind everyday.

angelj