November 17, 2007

RUB my belly!

Get your mind out of the Gutter!

RUB or Righteous Urban Barbeque located at 23rd between West 7th and 8th Avenue is the 'answer' to NYC Barbeque!

I have walked past this place twice headed for Dallas BBQ's or food with barbecue sauce as the good folks in the south would say! There are two types of Barbeque: REAL and the meats with sauce.

Real Barbeque is slowly smoked and grilled to tender perfection, the entire time constantly being basted with sauce that will make you slap you Mama!

So like most NYC/NJ folk when I get to craving BBQ, I will settle for a BBQ's or some similiar establishment. Nothing against BBQ's, it's certainly satisfy's the craving that most city dwellers like myself who have a hankering for Barbeque.

But if your especially religious with Barbeque, desiring the taste of the pit, sauces that will set your mouth on fire, and the swanky feel of a southern Barbeque joint then RUB is the place for you.

On this cold November night RUB was truly a RIGHTEOUS experience! Like I said this is not my first time seeing this place, or should I say experiencing it. You can actually smell RUB down the block. That smell of smoked meat travels blocks and draws you in like a dancing serpent.

I'm telling you it will make the most religious vegan's mouth water! On this particular evening, I decided to walk through RUB's doors.

Being an avid beer aficionado and lover of Barbeque, RUB has truly answered my prayers.

I spent many weekends this summer in Nashville, TN tasting the best down home Barbeque and southern treats. Fried pickles, tomatoes, baked beans, hush puppies, slaw and all the appropriate Barbeque accessories.

Let me tell you folks...
RUB has a beef brisket that is so tender and juicy, each bite rivals the first! I can still taste that beautiful Brisket sandwich slathered with hot, spicy and sweet Barbeque sauce all over it.

No better way to top such a treat than an ice cold beer! If your ever in the neighborhood, do stop by for that RIGHTEOUS URBAN EXPERIENCE a.k.a RUB!

Just more randomness and life with your favorite city journalist.

No comments: